Iñigo

Recommended Workstation configuration - FLUX

Hi , 

I want to get a Workstation to run FLUX simulations. Some other FEM providers recommend proven and/or stable configurations, Or indicate which parameter improves the software performance. But i could not find such infirmation for FLUX. 

On the user manual, the MUMPS multi-thread, multi-core computing is described as " out-of-core" technique. Therefore , I believe that hard-drive speed and system memory is a priority. 
However, I don't know if Graphics Card acceleration is used by FLUX. Can you confirm those points ?

Also, is it better to choose a high-thread-number CPU but lower single-core performance , or better single-core performace and lower threads ?  

Kind regards, 

Iñigo

Hi Nguyen.

To begin with, your answer is not specific to HyperWorks or Flux. The choice between corre number and cpu frequency is a very well know gpu/cpu design trade-off. Precisely which to prioritize is my question... besides , you have not confirmed nor denied if FLUX Used GPU acceleration, which would be the starting point before entering the GPU selection game.