Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Adriano A. Koga said:

the same video i've shared before for rigids shows how to create beam elements.

you should find something in Altair University or their youtube channel.

 

for your model, having only the disks geometry modelled into the CAD is enough, including the points for attaching the beams.

In HM you will create first the 2D mesh, using the fixed points as reference.

 

I'm attaching a very basic video as well, but again, go after some training material in Altair University.

 

 

Would you be so kind as to let me know how did you create these circles at first ,  I promise I will go through training for hypermesh !!!!  I spend  much time working on it through soldiworks but it did not work but based on that video , hypermesh can properly do it . again I would be so grateful . honestly  you helped me a lot . thank you so much  . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adriano A. Koga said:

the same video i've shared before for rigids shows how to create beam elements.

you should find something in Altair University or their youtube channel.

 

for your model, having only the disks geometry modelled into the CAD is enough, including the points for attaching the beams.

In HM you will create first the 2D mesh, using the fixed points as reference.

 

I'm attaching a very basic video as well, but again, go after some training material in Altair University.

 

 

  1 hour ago, Adriano A. Koga said:

the same video i've shared before for rigids shows how to create beam elements.

you should find something in Altair University or their youtube channel.

 

for your model, having only the disks geometry modelled into the CAD is enough, including the points for attaching the beams.

In HM you will create first the 2D mesh, using the fixed points as reference.

 

I'm attaching a very basic video as well, but again, go after some training material in Altair University.

 

 

 

Would you be so kind as to let me know how did you create these circles at first ,  I promise I will go through training for hypermesh !!!!  I spend  much time working on it through soldiworks but it did not work but based on that video , hypermesh can properly do it . again I would be so grateful . honestly  you helped me a lot . thank you so much  . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Adriano A. Koga said:

if you have solidworks, just draw these in SW and then import them to HM. It would save you some time.

In HM follow the attached video.

 

:)

and how can we create that  cylindrical beam which goes through  the center of the four disks you created, would you please help me create that robot and try to apply a force on one of the cables and see the bending of that robot. help me with video tutorials as you did before. Thank you so so much Mr adriano.  
it must be a hole in each disk to place the cylindical beam.

robots.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2020 at 9:42 PM, selman djeffal said:

Oki , thank you so much 

unfortunately , it did not work out and I have abondoned the idea of using hypermesh , anyway, thank you so much Mr adriano for your time , consideration and help . may  god bless you  

Adriano A. Koga likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Adriano A. Koga said:

unfortunately you've started with a model that is not so trivial, as it is a NL problem.

And having no experience with HM makes it a little bit difficult to start with this problem.

I would recommend you to go slowly...crawl, walk and run approach.

Exactly Mr adriano. I wish one day you can make a tutorial about those continuum robots. ( flexible structure ) in hypermesh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2020 at 4:49 PM, Adriano A. Koga said:

unfortunately you've started with a model that is not so trivial, as it is a NL problem.

And having no experience with HM makes it a little bit difficult to start with this problem.

I would recommend you to go slowly...crawl, walk and run approach.

I came back again , I have finally found the solution , I just need to draw a pre-curved beam  and mesh it using nodes , is it possible to create a pre-curved cylindrical beam as show in the picture below .
waiting for your answer Mr. adriano

cylindrical beam.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Adriano A. Koga said:

you can import the geometry or create it in HM.

I'd say that creating this geometry in Inspire is easy.

But again, you will need to spend some time to learn the basics of HM for building these analysis.

 

thank you so much Mr adriano , I have started learning it and I am amazingly improving. but  sometimes I come across ideas which does not exist in tutorials.  this is why I turn into your help.  the beam you created is hollow ( empy inside)  while  must be full and I have to delete that additonnal node which stands alone !!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

having a complete torus surface, you just need to create a solid using the 'solids' panel.

just make sure to have the surfaces enclosing a volume.

 

just reviewing my video before, there's no need to create the larger circle that I did. I was thinking to use the 'drag using line', and ended-up not using it.

 

image.thumb.png.36ce1d02e1475fdf5c666e0a4a435298.png

selman djeffal likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Adriano A. Koga said:

you can import the geometry or create it in HM.

I'd say that creating this geometry in Inspire is easy.

But again, you will need to spend some time to learn the basics of HM for building these analysis.

 

is it possible to make a beam full inside and delete that circle with its node !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Adriano A. Koga said:

having a complete torus surface, you just need to create a solid using the 'solids' panel.

just make sure to have the surfaces enclosing a volume.

 

just reviewing my video before, there's no need to create the larger circle that I did. I was thinking to use the 'drag using line', and ended-up not using it.

 

image.thumb.png.36ce1d02e1475fdf5c666e0a4a435298.png

even its node can be deleted , I mean the node of the large circle !! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Adriano A. Koga said:

after having the solid torus created, you can delete all the rest.

the last question Mr adriano , how can I make this beam full and delete that node which stands alone  !!! 
it is very important to have your answer , it is the last step before I apply the follower force.
I am very thankful Mr adriano.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Adriano A. Koga said:

your surfaces are not closed.

You need to create surfaces for the caps of the tube.

 

after all, just delete what is not needed and for the temp nodes, use the geom>>temp nodes to clear all temporary nodes.

 

Mr adriano , you can not imagine me how I am thankful.  hypermesh is a great software and you are a great supervisor . 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Adriano A. Koga said:

your surfaces are not closed.

You need to create surfaces for the caps of the tube.

 

after all, just delete what is not needed and for the temp nodes, use the geom>>temp nodes to clear all temporary nodes.

 

would you please have a look at my file , i have an error (fatal error)

followerforce.hm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...