Sign in to follow this  
Duong Tung

[Help ]How can I get data from PLC S7-1200???

Hello Tung.

One of the most common options for communication with Siemens PLC is OPC. Embed has an OPC client add-on which can communicate with all OPC UA servers.  

Embed includes an OPC client that can be connected to any OPC server. Using the OPC client, you can exchange data between Embed and any OPC server using the OPC Read and OPC Write blocks. You can use the OPC Log block to log data exchanges, errors, and messages.

Best regards,

Andrei

Duong Tung likes this

14 hours ago, Andrei Urtmintsev said:

Hello Tung.

One of the most common options for communication with Siemens PLC is OPC. Embed has an OPC client add-on which can communicate with all OPC UA servers.  

Embed includes an OPC client that can be connected to any OPC server. Using the OPC client, you can exchange data between Embed and any OPC server using the OPC Read and OPC Write blocks. You can use the OPC Log block to log data exchanges, errors, and messages.

Best regards,

Andrei

Hello Andrei,

Thank you very much for your answer.

Actually, I am a newbie in PLC and also Embed. 

As your suggestion, I have to install an OPC server software and connect it to Embed to record log data through Embed. Is it correct? If you know that what is the suitable OPC server which i can install, please give me a suggestion to proceed with it.

Best regards,

Tung