granzer

Parametric CFD Study Acusolve 2019.1

I need help setting up this simple case in Acuconsole-Hyperstudy (Surface and volume mesh was constructed in Hypermesh). I have a simple rectangular duct containing a heat generating body in the middle of the duct. I am wondering of its possible to create the 'inlet-velocity' as a 'parameters' and give 5 different inlet velocity for a DOE study in HyperStudy. I want to study the effect of inlet velocity on Volumetric average temperate of the heated body, so I need response as the volumetric-average temperature.  Also, can you provide some material to setup a simple DOE study with varying inlet velocity. 

Hey, that was really insightful. But I want to run just a parametric study and not a parametric optimization study. So will I have to use the "Parameter" in the 'Solver' browser tree of HM, to define the Inlet velocity as the 'Independent' Variable...and if this is the case where will I have to choose the surface-temperature/volumetric-temperature as the dependent/response  variable?

I did try that. I created a 'Parameter' called of type 'Discreet', and gave 5 different velocities. I assigned this parameter to the inlet boundary condition. When I start the hyperstudy from HM(selecting the response as temperature at the required surface) and tried a test run the solver ran till acuprep throws an error. There are no previous errors or warnings. I have attached the log file. Can you please help me with this?

PS: I used the tutorial mentioned in this to set up the parameter.

Parametric_Study_try.6.Log_acuTail.txt

Ok I got it running...but I dont know how to define the response after the nomonal run. Which file should i choose to create the response?

acuGetRsp command should be helpful to get the response. Check all three tutorials in the Optimization part of the tutorial manual.

image.png

image.png