Lauren

Altair Licensing Installation

Hello, 

I am trying to install an Altair License onto my PC. I currently have the student version downloaded and working on my PC, and am now upgrading to a  license that gives me full access to the different solvers and operations. I am not having luck installing the license. Every time I try to run/execute the file the following error appears " Installer User Interface Mode Not Supported. Unable to load and to prepare the installer in GUI mode."  I have tried the following, but with no luck: 

1. Run as administrator (I have also checked and made sure that I am in fact an administrator on the computer I am using) 

2. In the command shell I have typed "-i console (altair_licensing_14.5.win64_x64.exe –i console). " as stated in the installation guide to run in Non-GUI mode. 

3. Troubleshooting compatibility on the computer. 

I do not know what to do, and any help is greatly appreciated! 

Thanks, 

Lauren 

Hi @Lauren

can you clarify on '"upgrading to a  license that gives me full access"?

you mean that you have now a full license? the full license requires the installers for the full version as well.

And for the license setup you need to perform the altair licensing installation only in the license server machine. I'm not sure this is your case.

Is this machine a user machine? or the license server? or both? 

Hi @Adriano A. Koga,

What I mean by upgrading is that I previously had the student version which did not give me full access to all of the tools that hyperworks has (i.e. solver options were limited - I needed LsDyna but it would not let me select this solver).  Since having this issue I have upgraded to a license that gives me access to everything I need (i.e. LsDyna). 

As far as the license setup goes, my PC is both the user machine as well as the license server. I have been given access to the license, from a professor that I am working under, and have been told to install the license on my own personal computer. Is this what you mean? 

Hi @Lauren

I understood now.

It is correct.

Your machine will be both license server and client.

Did you try with the new licensing installer as mentioned by @Q.Nguyen-Dai?

Having the license and the installer for Altair License it should be pretty straightforward.

Just checking what is your Operational System? Sometimes some Windows versions are not supported anymore. 

@Adriano A. Koga

I am confused as to what @Q.Nguyen-Dai is mentioning. Could you please clarify? I am sorry I am still quite new to this whole thing. 

I currently am running Windows 10. I did see that some Windows versions were not supported, however, I know other people who are also running the software on Windows 10 and they did not run into these problems. 

@Lauren: in your 1st post, you mention "altair_licensing_14.5.win64_x64.exe". It's Altair License Manager. So I mean you want to setup a License server.

But this release is no longer available for Windows. You have to download the new release 14.5.1.

i have registered for the altair hypermesh but while installing my computer asks for an activation code,which i have not received. can you please look into the matter and send me the activation code?