Hi,

Does anyone did a comparison study between flux3d and flux2d? 

Especially on the temperature of the workpiece for induction heating simulation?

Best,

Jerome.

Hi,

There is no an example that allows us to make a comparison between 2D project and 3D project. However, the difference between a 2D project and a 3D project is considering of the 3D phenomena, that can lead to have a different behavior.

Best regards.

Yeah, Abdessamed, 

I understand, but when my compare my flux2d to my 3d. I did the same cross section, same power and frequency. The only thing different is I extrude it.

But the temperature I got is like 200 degF which is does not make sense to me and I could think of why is it.

Regards,

Jerome.

Hi,

In the case of the Flux 2D, when you create your project you give the value of the domain depth. Is it the same as in 3D? if it is not the case this leads to get different results.

Best regards.  

Hi,

When I check both project, I don’t get the same depth of the domain.

In Flux 2D the depth of domain is 0.0508 m

In Flux 3D the depth of domain is 0.0127 m (in this case, the depth of the domain is the Hight of the device in Z axis.

Best regards.

Sorry to bother you.

However, I did vary the depth domain in 2d and it does not have a big effects on the results.

Sincerely,

Jerome.

Hi,

Choking the both projects, I found:

• You don’t use the same frequency (250kHz for 2D and 275 kHz for the 3D)

• Use the same circuit (current source and capacitor orientation)

• In your case you sue a height frequency, you need to take into account of the skin depth effect (you can do it in Flux by creating a mesh generator type skin depth).

Keep me informed if this solve the problem.

Best regards.

Hi Abdessamed,

Currently busy on other, probably will try again on next week and I will keep you posted.

Thank for your helping.

Best,

Jerome.

Sign in to follow this