Sign in to follow this  

No stresses in .mnf created from H3D

I'm using HW8SR1 for converting H3D in to MNF be used with ADAMS/FLEX.

H3D file is generated using .fem of optistruct and with stress recovery option 'ON'.

flex-H3d also shows the relative stress / strain information when opened in Hyperworks. But when converted to .mnf (using HYPERVIEW --> FlexTools --> FlexPrep) , the file doesn't carry the stress information.

Is it the standard problem? If yes what is workaround.

If no, does it require any parameter setting ?

Hi, I'm Keshav replying here.Can you please share the h3d file with me? Please mail mvsupport@altair.com with the h3d file. I'll take a look at the file and will get back to you. Thanks.

Hi,

I also face the same problem, could you share the information here instead of PM? That the use of forum right?to share information and discussing problem.

I'm using HW8SR1 for converting H3D in to MNF be used with ADAMS/FLEX.

H3D file is generated using .fem of optistruct and with stress recovery option 'ON'.

flex-H3d also shows the relative stress / strain information when opened in Hyperworks. But when converted to .mnf (using HYPERVIEW --> FlexTools --> FlexPrep) , the file doesn't carry the stress information.

Is it the standard problem? If yes what is workaround.

If no, does it require any parameter setting ?

as i know you need grid point stress values for mnf creation, you must put the card gpstress in your fem file and solve it again:

GPSTRESS(ALL) = ALL

element stress/strain values could be used for fatigue analyses

here is a small bat file which you could edit and use for your files:

set FLEX=C:\Altairwin64\hw10.0\io\translators\bin\win64

%FLEX%\flexprep your_file.fem your_file.h3d CB +node+node+node+... nm -STRESS -FEMONLY -PURGE -MEGAGRAM -MILLIMETER -NEWTON -SECOND

definition:

set FLEX=C:\Altairwin64\hw10.0\io\translators\bin\win64 sets the path of flex_prep utility

CB means usage of craig-bempton

+node+node+node+... means your interface nodes

at the end of the interface nodes there is a value nm (you could change it) it means number of modes

and the last part is easy to understand :)

Hi Hexagon,

That was a great response. I learned a lot, thank you!

I recently started using MotionView 11 (SA-101) and I don't have these problems, so I guess the Altair folks must have resolved the issues..

Syairasm & BSG,

Hi! I'm a newbie to this forum.. May I know for what applications do you simulate using Multi-Body Dynamics?