Sign in to follow this  
gsubashki

Problem with consecutive steps in a contact simulation

Hi,

I am doing a simple contact simulation in Radioss Bulk Data between 2 2D surfaces meshed with shell elements. The first surface is similar to an S-shaped extruded plate and the second one is just a rectangular surface near the s-shaped. Distance between surfaces is 0.1 compared to 0.5 el. size. Contact surfaces (near the gap) were created with the SURF card and it was ensured that their normals were pointing to each other.

I want to do two consecutive subcases. In both of them the top of the S-shaped sheet is fixed.

1) The rectangular plate is constrained with some predefined distance (in my case, SPC with dof1=4 and all other dof=0), so it pushes the S-shape.

2) The plate goes back to zero and the S-shape should go back to the origin (or a bit less if there is plastic deformation). To do this I modified the constrained of the rectangular plate to have 0 for all dof for the SPC constrained. I also turned the CNTLSUB option on and put it to YES. However, it seems like the unloading does not start from the loading case and the plate just stays at zero. I have tried different contacts (initially SLIDE and then STICK and FREEZE) but the result was the same.

Attached is also a sample file. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Georgi

Shell_Contact.zip