Sign in to follow this  
mOaR89

Tetramesh problem with solid elements within fluid

Hi everyone,

I have a tetramesh problem and i hope that you can give me a hint to solve that problem. To understand the problem I have added some pictures.

post-21421-0-83821500-1396611747_thumb.j

This picture shows the boundary layer "wall1" (outer cylinder, yellow) and "wall2" (inner cylinder, blue) and the "inlet" (green) and "outlet" (red). These four components together form an enclosed volume, therefore a tetramesh is not a problem.

But I would like to include a third wall ("wall3") within the enclosed volume. "wall3" is a complex triaxial braid as shown in the following picture.

post-21421-0-94340000-1396612383_thumb.j

Next picture shows "wall3" within the enclosed volume.

post-21421-0-24395000-1396612499_thumb.j

My problem: "Wall3" consists of solid elements. As soon as I try to tetramesh the volume including "wall3" it is not possible. I tried to mesh within the tetramesh panel an had no success. I also tried to mesh with the CFD tetramesh panel but also without results.

The goal is to create a "fluid" component within the enclosed volume and "wall3" is sth. like a "barrier" which should have some influence on the flow.

I would appreciate it if you can help me :).

Best regards,

Fatih Uysal