Sign in to follow this  
ChiaBr

STL Import to Hypermesh V.11.0

Hello everybody :)

For a project work at my University I have to import two .STL-Files to my Hypermesh Student Version 11.0. 

In the Menu "Import-SolverDeck" I can't find something like ".stl" format.. Can someone help me to import the STL-Files to my Hypermesh program? is there a special folder or directory, where the files should be?

Thank you!

Regards,

ChiaBr

Hello everybody :)

For a project work at my University I have to import two .STL-Files to my Hypermesh Student Version 11.0. 

In the Menu "Import-SolverDeck" I can't find something like ".stl" format.. Can someone help me to import the STL-Files to my Hypermesh program? is there a special folder or directory, where the files should be?

Thank you!

Regards,

ChiaBr

I dont know about Student version of HW 11, but in my Non-student version of HW 12, STL can be imported under "Import Solver Deck", not like Geometry. See my screenshot.

post-889-0-43481700-1397764250_thumb.png

Thank you for your response Q.Nguyen-Dai :)

At my system, there isn't a option like in your picture.. 

When I start the software, I can decide between three Profile options. At my university, where we probably have a different license version, there are more user profiles to chose. Besides, at the university pc there is an option like in your picture - so there the import works without any problems.

Do I have to download another version or is it not possible to open .stl files with the student version? 

Regards,

ChiaBr

Hello

try looking for stl reader at ...\hw\io\model_readers\feinput\...\stl.exe

you can use it with tcl command "*feinput" to read stl file

or if your stl file is not so big, you can write a tcl command that reads stl data and generate elements